Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Place is passionate about ensuring the safety and well-being of its residents. In harmony with the caution recommended by the Governing Body, we have met or exceeded CDC and state and local health regulations and have been proactive in working with government entities.
Detailed information about our protocols can be found at the bottom of this page.
Are you accepting new admissions?
Yes, with special protocols in place for the safety and wellbeing of our residents. New admissions to our community must provide proof of a negative COVID test and they do not have to quarantine upon moving into our community. All our residents are vaccinated and booster clinics are available as necessary. Many feel they are safer at Legacy Place than in their homes.
Are visits permitted?
Yes! We have protocols in place for the safety of all our residents and visitors. If we were to have an active COVID case, indoor visitation may still occur in a resident room or in a designated meeting space. Always check our website for current updates.
Following are the protocols for in-person visits:
- All visitors should self-screen to determine if they should visit. Please do not visit if you have any of the following:
- Symptoms of COVID
- Known exposure to COVID
- Test results pending
- A positive test
- All visitors must wear approved masks during the visit, but masking in a private meeting area such as resident room is not required.
Do senior living residents have to stay in their rooms? What about meals?
Residents do not have to stay in their rooms unless they have an active case of COVID. Our residents may utilize our common areas and dining rooms for communal dining and activities. This allows our residents to socialize with each other and enjoy our excellent meals.
A calendar of fulfilling activities is maintained to meet our residents’ social, intellectual, physical and spiritual needs.
Is senior living safe right now?
Senior living can be the safest option for many seniors. With strict protocols in place, a resident can enjoy socialization and a complete spiritual program in a controlled environment with no need to leave the facility. Staff are available 24/7 for assistance and to monitor and respond proactively to health changes.
What safety protocols are you following? Where do they come from?
Our safety protocols follow guidance from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Both agencies recommend a variety of steps that we implement early to reduce the potential for the virus to enter the community. These include:
- Enforcement of safety protocols and procedures for family visits (listed above).
- Restricting visitors who have signs or symptoms of Covid-19, exposure, or diagnosis in the past 14 days.
- Availability of hand sanitizer consistently throughout the facility.
- Continuing the upgraded and enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures, which follow CDC guidelines and use CDC approved disinfecting products.
- Testing all residents and staff as necessary.
- Vigorous controls for all of our employees (the same that medical professionals undergo) including education in identifying the symptoms, clear communication for reporting any issues with management, in order to make cautious and pragmatic decisions.
- Centers for Disease Control
- PA Dept of Health
- COVID Act Now