Frequently Asked Questions
Legacy Place is passionate about ensuring the safety and well-being of its residents. In harmony with the caution recommended by the Governing Body, we have met or exceeded CDC and state and local health regulations and have been proactive in working with government entities.
Detailed information about our protocols can be found at the bottom of this page.
Are you accepting new admissions?
Yes, with special protocols in place for the safety and wellbeing of our residents. To date, our residents are all healthy and almost all are vaccinated. Many feel they are safer at Legacy Place than in their homes.
Are visits permitted?
Yes! We have protocols in place for the safety of all our residents and visitors. If we were to have an active COVID case, we would temporarily suspend indoor visitation. Always check our website before coming for a visit.
Following are the protocols for in-person visits:
- All visitors must complete a screening process that includes a questionnaire and temperature check. Please do not visit If you have any of the following:
- Symptoms of Covid-19
- Known exposure to Covid-19
- Test results pending
- A positive test
- All visitors must wear approved masks during the visit.
- The visitation area is sanitized after each visit using a CDC approved disinfecting solution.
Do senior living residents have to stay in their rooms? What about meals?
Residents are permitted in the public areas for communal dining and activities so that residents can socialize with each other. The dining room has been modified to maintain social distancing. Resident couples and residents who share suites may dine together in closer proximity. Room service remains available for residents who prefer it.
A calendar of fulfilling activities is maintained, recognizing appropriate social distancing.
Do new residents in senior living need to quarantine?
No. Guidance is this area could change, but as of now, we are not required to have fully vaccinated new residents quarantine upon admission. We require all new admissions to be fully vaccinated and provide a negative COVID test prior to admission.
Is senior living safe right now?
Senior living can be the safest option for many seniors. With strict protocols in place and part of the routine, a resident can enjoy socialization and a complete spiritual program in a controlled environment with no need to leave the facility. Staff are available 24/7 for assistance and to monitor and respond proactively to health changes.
What safety protocols are you following? Where do they come from?
Our safety protocols follow guidance from The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Pennsylvania Department of Health. Both agencies recommend a variety of steps that we implement early to reduce the potential for the virus to enter the community. These include:
- Enforcement of safety protocols and procedures for family visits (listed above).
- Restricting visitors who have signs or symptoms of Covid-19, exposure, or diagnosis in the past 14 days.
- Availability of hand sanitizer consistently throughout the facility.
- Continuing the upgraded and enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures, which follow CDC guidelines and use CDC approved disinfecting products.
- Testing all residents and staff.
- Vigorous controls and health screen for all of our employees (the same that medical professionals undergo) including:
- Temperature check at the start of their shifts.
- Education in identifying the symptoms, clear communication for reporting any issues with management, in order to make cautious and pragmatic decisions.
- Centers for Disease Control
- PA Dept of Health
- COVID Act Now</li